5 Diet Fitness Tips You Can Use Today
By: James Allen
Are you ready to live a more powerful life by taking control of yourweight and physical condition? If so, here are five ideas that canstart you on the path to a healthier, slimmer body today.
1. Stop using remote controls. Remote controls are the bane of aprospective weight loser. They may be remarkable gadgets bythemselves but from the weight loss point of view, they just aren'tvery helpful.
They really encourage us to take a laid back kind of attitudetowards life itself. In fact if remote controls were not there, thetelevision would not have become so popular. It is because of remotecontrols that people can remain where they are and switch from onechannel to the other. And they only have to twitch a finger muscle toachieve this.
Now, I have nothing against multi-channel television sets but what Istrongly advocate is that you get up from where you are and changethe channel of the TV each time you want to do so.
2. Try massaging your partner on a regular basis. This is a fun wayto lose weight. It is something that can give your partner a lot ofpleasure and at the same time can give you a lot of exertion there byleading to weight loss.
The attitude should of course be you scratch my back Iwill scratch yours. It should not be a one sided effort or else theinterest will soon dwindle.
In fact, it is a good idea if couples take up weight loss routinestogether. They can keep watch over each other, help control thoseurges to eat and motivate each other to stick to the routine.
There are a lot of things that couples can do together that can helpthem to keep physically active...
3. Try breathing exercises. You might be surprised to know thatbreathing exercises too can lead to weight loss. If you are doing thebreathing exercises properly, you will find that you can exert a lotof pressure on the muscles around the mid section.
You can feel a tightening of these muscles each time you breathe inor breathe out. So go ahead and breathe properly, it is good for you.
4. Join a dance class. Dancing is a wonderful way to burn off thoseextra calories. It is true. When you dance you are in fact burningaway a lot of calories. Of course we are not referring to the slowballroom kind of dances in which one person actually leans on theother one for support. We are talking about fast dances.
The best way to do it is by joining a jazz or hip-hop dance classbecause they will really work you out. I would suggest that you waitfor a couple more pounds to vanish before you think of becoming aballerina.
5. At the very least, do things like fetching, turning things offand on by yourself. Often when we come back tired from work, we tendto get others to do simple chores for us. These things are no bigdeal. They are things that we can very well do for our selves but wedon't.
That is why we often ask our kids to fetch us this or take away that.
Training your pet is a wonderful thing indeed. It is quiteremarkable how some people get their dogs to fetch them something.But the fact is that while you may be making sure that your dog isgetting a lot of exercise, you are neglecting your bit of the story!
James B. Allen is the publisher of Power Living Press. He invites you to come learn more about living a healthier,wealthier, more beautiful and more powerful life TODAY byvisiting:
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/
Return to Index
The Power of Stretching - Dave Snape
muscles ache from a good stretch. This is quite
normal and is part of the process. Stretching has
seemingly been with us and particularly with athletes
since the beginning of time.
A very key point to good stretching is to hold the
stretch for at least seventeen seconds. This is a
pearl of wisdom gleaned from a ballet teacher a few
years back. She said that any stretch under 17
seconds was just not effective.
The 17 second rule is exceeded in the high intensity
Bikram's yoga where stretches are held for about 30
seconds. Don't forget the high level of heat that is
used in Bikram's to extract that last little bit of
stretch out of your muscles. An interesting twist
is not necessary to gain benefits from stretching.
it can't hurt, right?
So what kind of benefits can you expect from
stretching? That's an easy one. Have you ever seen
movie, Blood Sport? Did you know that Frank Dux could
truly stretch his body to the extreme. The actor that
played him was quite elastic as well.
Great elasticity is also something you might see in
well trained Spetsnaz (Russian) agents. They often
out with Russian kettlebells too. They are for
strength gains and the ability to withstand ballistic
Why are stretching and flexibility considered
to these people? Stretching gives one the ability to
have explosive power available at one's fingertips
without the need to warm up. Of course most of us are
not martial artists or agents. But, you'll be happy
know there are plenty of other benefits.
Let me give you an example. After learning to sit in
the full lotus position for long periods of time, my
ankles became very flexible. One day I was walking
along and my left foot fell into a pothole. This
pushed my ankle sideways to about 90 degrees from
Amazingly, this didn't even hurt, not one bit. If my
ankle hadn't been so flexible, I may have suffered a
sprained ankle. At the very least, it would have hurt
Key point: stretching helps you to avoid injuries.
Not only that but if you do have a muscle, tendon or
ligament injury it should heal faster, theoretically
Stretching actually grows the ligaments, tendons and
muscles being stretched. They really grow longer over
Check with your physician before undertaking any type
of exercise, including stretching.
Here is some good
instructional material on stretching:
If you enjoyed 'The Power of Stretching' article, consider
signing up for my free email list below:
Email List Reveals health, fitness and wellness tips
- secrets and information - delivered directly to your